1. Which company on 5 January 2016 completed the formalities related to acquisition of Alca-Lucent in 15.6 billion euro deal?
2. Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on 5 January 2016 approved what percentage of posts at constable level to be filled up by women in Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs)?
3. The Competition Commission of India on 5 January 2016 gave nod to Reliance Capital Asset Management to acquire which investment banking company’s mutual fund business in India?
a) Morgan Stanley
b) JPMorgan Chase
c) Wells Fargo
d) Goldman Sachs
4. Which of the following country on 4 January 2016 rolled out new policies to reduce gun violence in the country?
5. Name the Bank that on 6 January 2016 launched Immediate Payment Service (IMPS) across all its branches in association with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
a) Andhra Bank
b) Axis Bank
c) Canara Bank
d) Bank of Baroda
6. Union Government on 5 January 2016 reduced export duty on iron ore pellets to zero from
a) 2 percent
b) 5 percent
c) 7 percent
d) 10 percent
7. Identify the Indian scientist. He was involved in the discovery of the element 117 that was included in the 7th row of the periodic table on 30 December 2015 by the IUPAC.
a) Rakesh K Jain
b) Manu Prakash
c) Susanta Lahiri
d) Sangeeta Bhatia
8. Which team on 3 January 2015 won the 26th Lal Bahadur Shastri Hockey tournament?
a) Indian Railways
d) None of them
9. Name the cricket playing nation that on 5 January 2016 withdrew from the Under-19 World Cup Tournament to be held in Bangladesh.
a) South Africa
10. Who on 5 January 2016 was conferred with Polly Umrigar Trophyfor International Cricketer-of-the-Year?
a) Shikhar Dhawan
b) Rohit Sharma
c) Virat Kohli
d) Ravichandran Ashwin
11. Identify the element that was not in the list of four new elements added to the 7th row of the periodic table on 30 December 2015 by the IUPAC.
a) Element 115
b) Element 116
c) Element 117
d) Element 118
12. Identify the country with which India resumed the bus service on 4 January 2016 after a gap of 27 years?
13. Who was appointed as the head of one man committee to study issues related to Gramin Dak Sevaks?
a) Kamlesh Chandra
b) T Q Mohammad
c) Vijay Kelkar
d) AK Mathur
14. For undertaking anti-Naxal operations, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) decided to deploy how many women commandos in left-wing extremist affected states?
15. Who of the following was appointed as manager of Real Madrid on 5 January 2016?
a) Zinedine Zidane
b) Rafael Benitez
c) Ronaldo Luís Nazário de Lima
d) Roberto Carlos
16. Who of the following has won the 2015 Costa Novel Prize?
a) Frances Hardinge
b) Kate Atkinson
c) Andrea Wulf
d) Helen Macdonald
17. Vilmos Zsigmond, who passed away recently, belong to which of the following fields?
18. Who of the following has been appointed as the new CEO of Wipro Limited?
a) TK Kurien
b) Manik K Mathur
c) Abid Ali Neemuchwala
d) Nand Kumar Chauhan
19. Which of the following organisations has launched Jeevan Labh scheme?
a) New India Insurance Ltd
b) National Insurance Company Ltd
c) State Bank of India
d) Life Insurance Corporation of India
20. Who of the following is the author of the book titled ‘Jinnah Often Came to our House’?
a) Jaswant Singh
b) Kiran Doshi
c) Nisid Hajari
d) Jairam Ramesh
21. On which date, the World Braille Day is observed?
a) January 4
b) December 3
c) November 9
d) April 1
22. Which of the following states became the first state in the country to sign MoU for UDAY scheme?
c) Uttar Pradesh
23. The 14-km long Zojila tunnel will be constructed in which of the following states?
b) Jammu & Kashmir
d) Himachal Pradesh
24. In context to India’s defence system, “Pinaka II” refers which one of the following?
a) Anti-Radiation Missile (ARM)
b) Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM)
c) Multi-Barrel Rocket Launcher (MBRL) system
d) Nuclear-capable ballistic missile
25. Which of the following committees has submitted report to Supreme Court for reforms in BCCI?
a) H L Dattu committee
b) R M Lodha committee
c) P Sathasivam committee
d) Chandra committee