Current Affairs Quiz-25 Nov 2015
- Who of the following on 22 November 2015 chaired the 10th East Asia Summit (EAS) that was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?
- a) Najib Razak
- b) Narendra Modi
- c) U Thein Sein
- d) Prayut Chan-o-cha
- The Thirteenth ASEAN-India Summit with the theme Our People, Our Community, Our Vision was held on 21 November 2015 in
- a) Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar
- b) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- c) Lao PDR
- d) Bangkok, Thailand
- India and Singapore Joint Statement on a Strategic Partnership that was released on 24 November 2015 during the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Singapore was titled
- a) New Vigour, New Steps
- b) Renewed Spirit, New Energy
- c) Our People, Our Community, Our Vision
- d) Shared Effort; Progress for All
- The Ministry of Railways on 24 November 2015 signed the Assured Off Take Agreements (AOT) with which company for manufacturing and rehabilitation of wagons at Kulti, West Bengal?
- a) SAIL-RITES Bengal Wagon Industry Pvt Ltd
- b) Bengal Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals
- c) Bharat Wagon & Engg Company
- d) Electronics Corporation of India
- Which of the following state government on 24 November 2015 decided to launch Gopinath Munde Farmers Accident Insurance Scheme 2015-16?
- a) Gujarat
- b) Jharkhand
- c) Maharashtra
- d) Madhya Pradesh
- Name the Indian freedom fighter after whose name the Indian cultural centre in Kuala Lumpur would be named.
- a) Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel
- b) Bhagat Singh
- c) Subhas Chandra Bose
- d) Chandra Shekhar Azad
- Name the indigenously developed supersonic interceptor missile that was test-fired from the Abdul Kalam Island off the Odisha coast on 22 November 2015.
- a) Advanced Air Defence missile
- b) Prithvi Air Defence missile
- c) Sagarika/K-15 missile
- d) Akash Surface-to-Air Missile
- Name the Gate that was jointly inaugurated in Kuala Lampur by Prime Minister of India and Malaysia Najib Razak during Modi’s visit to Malaysia.
- a) Torana Gate
- b) Klang Gates
- c) Istana Negara Gate
- d) A’ Famosa Gate
- Who was appointed as the chairperson of the Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) on 24 November 2015 by the Union Ministry of Sports?
- a) Pullela Gopichand
- b) Anurag Thakur
- c) Abhinav Bindra
- d) Anju Bobby George
- Who was appointed as Chairman of Readership Studies Council of India (RSCI) on 24 November 2015?
- a) Hormusji Cama
- b) CVL Srinivas
- c) Shashi Sinha
- d) Piyush Mittal
- Which of the following state on 24 November 2015 declared 231 mandals as drought-hit?
- a) Bihar
- b) Telangana
- c) Madhya Pradesh
- d) Maharashtra
- Name the writer, columnist and journalist who passed away on 24 November 2015 in Gurgaon, Haryana at the age of 85.
- a) Shashi Sinha
- b) Piyush Mitta
- c) Mahip Singh
- d) Rohit Ramesh
- Name the distinguished football administrator from Tamil Nadu who died on 24 November 2015.
- a) TS Papola
- b) TR Govindarajan
- c) Ravikumar David
- d) Rohit Ramesh
- Who won the Infosys Prize for the year 2015 in the Life Sciences category that was announced by the Infosys Science Foundation on 16 November 2015?
- a) Prof Umesh Waghmare
- b) Prof Mahan Mj
- c) Dr Amit Sharma
- d) Prof G Ravindra Kumar
- Which one the following is not the part of 10 new/revised schemes launched by the Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment on 24 November 2015 for the disabled persons?
- a) NIRAMAYA
- b) SAMBHAV
- c) GYAN PRABHA
- d) PRAKASH